How to Uninstall Programs on Windows 10
Uninstall Programs on Windows 10. It regularly installs or uninstalls software as needed. To install a program, it’s pretty simple in Windows 10 : we download a program on the web , we double-click on it and you’re done.
At another time, programs were installed from a floppy disk, CD-ROM or DVD, but most software is now installed from a source found on the internet.
How to Uninstall Programs on Windows 10
We often install applications to test them once or twice. After they are no longer used for anything. It’s time to do some housework. Ready to remove applications that are useless?
1- Right-click on the Start menu , a pop-up menu opens. Click on the Control Panel line .
2- Locate the Programs section , and then click the Uninstall a program line .
3- Look for the program you want to delete, then right-click on it and click Uninstall . Repeat the operation for each program to uninstall.
How to Uninstall Programs on Windows 10 from the Start Menu
The applications / software are found in particular in the new Start menu in the form of small tiles.
To uninstall an application, simply right-click on the tile of the program concerned and then simply click Uninstall .
If the program you want to uninstall is not present in the Start menu tiles , there is another way to uninstall it that has been modified with the Windows 10 Update , Windows 10 Creators Update :
- Click on the Start menu (bottom left of your screen) and select Parameters .
- Click Applications (Uninstall, defaults, optional features)
- In Applications and Features , a list of all your installed programs is displayed.
All you have to do is click on the program you wish to remove and click on Uninstall.
- A message then asks you confirmation for uninstalling the program, also click Uninstall , the uninstall will start!
How to Uninstall Programs on Windows 7
- Navigate to the Windows Start Menu by clicking on the Windows Logo button (Start).
- When the Start Menu is open select ” Control Panel ”.
- Depending on your viewing options click either ” uninstall a program ‘or’ ‘program and functions”.
- When the Programs and Features window opens select the program you are uninstalling from the list and click on the ” Uninstall ” button.
- Confirm that you want to uninstall a program by clicking on the ” Yes ” button.
How to Uninstall Programs on Windows XP
- Navigate to the Windows Start Menu by clicking the ” Start ” button.
- When the Start Menu opens select ” Settings ”, then click ” Control Panel ”.
- In the Control Panel window click “Add or Remove Programs”.
- In the ” Add or Remove Programs ” window select the program you wish to uninstall and click the ” Change or Remove ” button.
How to Uninstall Programs on Windows 8
- When you are in the ” Start ” screen, start typing ” Control Panel ”.
- Click the ” Control Panel ” in the search results of the application. In the opened window select “Programs and Functions”.
- In the Programs and Features window select the program you want to uninstall select “Programs and Features”.
If you can not uninstall a program:
Computer users who have problems preventing successful uninstallation programs might try to use third-party programs that can help in such situations. Third-party programs can search your file for any remaining files and registry entries that applications have left behind after uninstalling.
Uninstall Programs on Windows using CCleaner:
Download , install and run CCleaner. After running the program select “Tools”. In the list of programs to uninstall select the program you want to uninstall and click on the button ” Run Suppressor ”.
Uninstall Programs on Windows Revo Uninstaller:
Download , install and run Revo Uninstaller. After running the program select the program you want to uninstall from the list and click the ‘Uninstall’ button.
Uninstall Programs on Windows IObit Uninstaller:
Download , install and run IObit Uninstaller. After launching the program select the program you want to uninstall from the list and click on the ” uninstall ” button.
What should I do if the traditional procedure of uninstalling a program does not work?
In some cases, it may happen that a program rebels and can not be uninstalled with the procedures described above. In this case, you will need software specialized in uninstalling software that will take care of a clean and in-depth uninstall.
The AdwCleaner software , a good add-on to a malware – aware antivirus , has an advanced uninstall feature that is quite efficient.
You can easily find other programs uninstall programs on the web. Be careful though to go through trusted sites. Because many sites add small adware programs to the software they offer for download. Not great but very common method … So privilege the software download directly from the site of the software publisher.
Now that you know how to uninstall a program using the built-in Windows function or using third-party software. Regularly checking and removing programs that you do not use will result in additional disk space and faster computer boot time. Uninstalling potentially unwanted programs can drastically increase the performance of the user’s operating system and will eliminate unwanted ads or browser redirects.