How to Recover Deleted Texts on iphone
Accidentally deleted a message on your iPhone? No problem, you can deleted messages – SMS and iMessages – in three different ways to recover . On the one hand, it is possible to recover deleted messages from an iTunes backup. The second way is through an iCloud backup, the third via special third-party software.
How to Recover Deleted Texts on iphone : Quick Guide
If you need access to accidentally deleted text messages on your iPhone, you can usually easily restore them. There are three different methods that we present here.
1- Recover Deleted Texts on iphone with iTunes
Each time you sync your iPhone with iTunes, a backup of the content is created. You can take advantage of that.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer that you sync your iPhone with.
- Open iTunes and in the “iPhone” section, click “Restore”.
- Select a restore point before deleting the SMS and confirm the process.
- Your device will restart during recovery. After that, all messages should be available again.
2- Recover Deleted Texts on iphone from iCloud backup
If you have iCloud enabled on your iPhone, you can also recover the lost data from it.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and select the “General” category.
- At the bottom, tap Reset and then tap All Settings.
- The iOS device will restart. All settings and data are deleted.
- If you then set up your iPhone again, you will be asked to restore the backup.
3- Recover Deleted Texts on iphone with PhoneRescue
- Download and install the PhoneRescue program .
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable and start the software.
- Now choose one of the offered methods. First, the option “Restore from iOS device” should suffice.
- Disable all other options so that only the messages are searched.
- Via the button “Start search” you will see all deleted messages.
- The restoration of messages is charged, you can read the news in the free version. With a price of 50 euros, you should therefore consider carefully whether you want to use the software.
How to Recover Deleted Texts on iphone : Method 2
1- Recover Deleted SMS with iTunes Backup
How to save your backups from your iPhone via iTunes, we explain in the article iPhone Backup & Restore more detail. When syncing your iPhone with iTunes, not only apps and the like are backed up, but also content like your messages. That’s why you can easily recover deleted messages by restoring your iPhone from an iTunes backup.
First, connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and open iTunes . Click on the iPhone icon in the navigation bar at the top left to get to the overview of your iPhone.
The main window displays three rubrics, including the section Backups . Here you will find, among other things, the button Backup Restore , which you click to restore your iPhone from an iTunes backup.
2- Restore deleted SMS with iCloud Backup
Also from an iCloud backup you can recover deleted messages. It is especially advisable to create automatic iPhone backups in iCloud so that all data is actually available during the restoration.
To restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup, you need to reset it first. Open the settings and tap General . Scroll all the way down and select Reset . Now press Reset all settings .
Your iPhone is now going through the initial setup procedure. Then you can choose to recover your iPhone from an iCloud backup. Then select your iCloud backup (pay attention to the date!).
3- Restore deleted SMS using third-party software
Another way is through third-party software, such as Dr.Fone for iOS and Apowersoft Smartphone Manager . Both programs are available for free for both Mac and Windows as trial versions, so for one-time use quite a possibility.
Both programs work similarly. Dr.Fone for iOS first scans your iPhone for deleted messages. During this time you should not disconnect your iPhone from your Mac or PC. Then found deleted messages are displayed. Selects the messages to restore and restarts.
Note: The messages are restored locally on your computer!