How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
In this practical tip, we’ll tell you if you can Recover Deleted Facebook Messages or if the messages are lost forever.Supposedly deleted Facebook messages can be easily recovered. Can you actually recover deleted Facebook messages or are they lost forever? This works under certain conditions. We explain it to you in this tip.
The messenger service of the popular social network Facebook can quickly become confusing when you regularly exchange messages with many friends. For this reason, many users tap the close icon of the chat window as soon as a message has been sent. If you want to read something again, there are also ways to restore supposedly deleted messages.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
First of all, you should know that it is indeed possible to permanently delete messages. Here you can select the gear icon “Options” in the upper bar of the chat window. With the confirmation “delete conversation” all messages of the conversation disappear definitively.
However, clicking the close icon “X” will not permanently delete the conversation history. This lands only in the archive and can be easily restored. The Facebook news archive for the smartphone is easy to use. In the upper bar, you enter the name of the desired chat partner and the call history is opened. The desktop version of the Facebook page is slightly different.
Recover Deleted Facebook Messages to the desktop version
- After logging in, first click on the Messenger icon on the left.
- There you can already find many news histories that were supposedly deleted.
- If you have archived a message history, you can access it there.
- Click on the cogwheel “Settings” top left. There you will find the tab “Archived Threads”. Select this option.
- In this separate area, you can now find supposedly deleted entertainment history.
- With the gear icon of each conversation, archiving can be canceled.
Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
If you delete the conversation by clicking on “Delete conversation”, it will be permanently deleted. If you click only on the [X], the message will be moved from the inbox to the archive. These supposedly deleted messages can be found again in the news archive:
- Click on “News” in your Facebook profile on the left.
- At this point, click on “More” in the top left corner next to “PO Box” and “Other”. Select the item “Archived” here.
- You will now find all deleted messages in this archive again.
- Go over the message you want to restore. Click on the small arrow pointing to the left on the message. This will remove the archive and the message will be back in your mailbox.
Note: Deleting a conversation in your mailbox does not delete the conversation in the other person’s mailbox. You may be able to ask your interlocutor to resend the deleted message.
Recover Deleted Facebook Messages Archive messages
To remove a message from the mailbox without deleting it, simply archive it. The messages are simply hidden and moved to a sort of folder, while deleting a conversation permanently removes the message history from the mailbox.
- First , open your mailbox under Messages where all conversations are located.
- Select a chat whose message you want to archive.
- Click on the gear icon above the chat.
- Selects in the list Archive .
- Now the entire conversation is archived.
- All archived messages can be accessed by selecting More, Archived in the top left corner of the conversations .
How to recover deleted Facebook messages from the Android device?
The Facebook Messenger follows the principle “called, away from the Internet”. Off the internet means they have a different copy of the same messages in the cell phone memory. Messages that you thought were already deleted are still on the phone. Therefore, it is possible to recover deleted Facebook messages with little effort.
- Download a file explorer for Android. This app will help you to examine the folders on your SD card. I recommend the ES Explorer, he is one of the best.
- Open the ES File Explorer app. First, go to the memory / SD card. There you will find the Android folder containing all data-relevant applications.
- Go to the folder and tap on “Data Folder”.
- Under “Data” you will find the folder for all the applications. You will find the “com.facebook.orca” folder that belongs to Facebook Messenger. Just tap.
- Now tap on the “Cache” folder under which you will find “fb_temp”. There are all the backup files that are automatically saved by Facebook Messenger. This ensures that you can restore Facebook messages on the phone.
Another way to find the same files works through the access to the mobile memory via the PC. Connect the device to the PC with a USB cable. Follow the same procedure and go to the fb_temp folder.
How to recover Facebook Archive messages?
Archiving messages is an excellent way to protect your messages from future errors. Archiving messages is easy and requires little effort. You can use this method for Facebook, the Facebook page or Facebook Messenger. It gives you more order in your messages.
- Go to Messenger and open your current conversation list. Scroll to the contact you want to archive and press for a long time. The following window opens.
- Archive the entire message
Now select “archive” and the message will be moved to the archive. You can access there later.
It’s really easy to archive Facebook messages, but keep in mind that chat history still exists. If you want to delete the chat, go to “current” and select the “delete” option with a long press. This is the ultimate solution – so think carefully about what you are doing and do it only when it is really necessary.
Restore deleted Facebook messages from the downloaded archive
Once you’ve archived the messages, you’re safe for your life and you do not have to worry about them. In the future, you decide for yourself whether you want to view the archived messages again.
1- Log in to Facebook account
If you want to recover deleted Facebook messages, you must first log in to your Facebook account.
2- Click on “Account Settings”
After you have logged into the Facebook account, click on “Account Settings”.
After the “General Account Settings” page, go to “Download a copy of your Facebook data” at the bottom of the page and click on it.
3- Download the archive
After clicking on the link above you will see a page where you have downloaded everything that was in the Facebook account. Click on “start my archive”.
After this click, you’ll see “Request my download” telling you that it may take a little while for your Facebook information to be collected. Click on the green button “start my archive” to find all information together.
Then you recognize a small dialog box. At the bottom of the dialog box is a download link. Click on the link to download the archive. It takes about 3 to 4 hours to recover the Facebook messages.
Enter your password again before downloading the archive.
After entering the password, click on the “Download archive” button. The archive will be downloaded immediately. Just unzip and then open the file called “index”. Click on the “Messages” file and all past messages will be loaded.
Now you can restore the Facebook messages according to the instructions.
Yes, it’s easy to restore Facebook messages and you no longer have to worry about badly deleted messages. But you are always responsible for all the news activities. Archiving and de-archiving must be done very carefully.
You must be careful when archiving the message, otherwise they will have disappeared from the list. To de-archive you need a few extra steps to get them back. You also do not have to worry about deleted messages. They can all be restored as long as the cache in the phone has not been deleted.
Once the cache has been removed, you can only retrieve the conversations by downloading the archive from the website.