Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis – Treatments – Symptoms
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatments and Symptoms. Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis (inflammatory muscle rheumatism) is a common health problem that goes to touch sensitive pain and sensitivity. Pain and tenderness occur in certain parts of the body, and may disappear or shift over time. Often, patients have chronic (long term) fatigue and insomnia problems.
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis is a very common disease that causes widespread pain. It affects primarily the muscles and muscles that stick to the bones. It’s not a joint disease. It does not hold the joint and does not deform. Some kind of non-inflamed soft tissue rheumatism. It is seven times more common in females than in males. It is mostly a disease of adults (35-60 years).
What is Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic health problem that causes widespread pain and other symptoms in the body. Patients frequently complain about:
- Pain in touching or repressing affected joints and muscles
- Insomnia problems (can not wake up rested)
- Memory problems or not being able to concentrate
Some patients also:
- Depression or anxiety
- Migraine or tension-type headache
- Digestive problems: irritable bowel syndrome (spastic colon) or gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Irritable or overactive bladder
- Pelvic pain
- Temporomandibular disorder (a number of symptoms, such as facial or jaw pain, pain due to squeezing teeth and ringing in the ear)
The severity of Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis symptoms and related problems may change or disappear over time. Stress usually worsens symptoms.
How will fibromyalgia happen?
The exact cause of Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis is unknown. It occurs more often in certain personality traits. Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis patients; sensitive, emotional and fragile psychological structure. Everybody has sensitive structures that get in trouble.
Due to their perfectionist personality they are very influenced by the negativity around; for this reason they have problems in their marriage, in the family, in friendship, or at work. These problems are so stressful that their concentration decreases over time, and forgetfulness, memory problems start to happen and work changes.
Every human being can have a different illness. Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis families (such as mothers and children) can be. Those carrying certain genes may be more prone to Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis ; but genes alone do not cause Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis is usually triggered by a number of causes. These can be spinal problems, arthritis, injury, traffic accidents or other types of physical stress. Emotional stress can also trigger this disease.
As the body communicates with the “spinal cord and brain”, the levels of certain chemicals and proteins in the brain may change. In Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis , it is like a very high opening in your brain’s pain-management centers, “control your voice”.
Who can have Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis is more common in women than in men. For every 10 females, 1 is seen. Middle age group is overpriced; but it can also occur in puberty or in old age. In young children, it can be common with body aches and tiredness.
In those with a rheumatic disease (a health problem affecting the joints, muscles and bones), the risk of Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis is greater. This can be osteoarthritis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis.
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
Pain is the most important symptom of fibromyalgia. It can be felt in a single region such as the shoulder and neck as well as widely. Fibromyalgia pain can be described by the patients in various forms, such as burning, pity, tenderness, tingling, chills or rodent pain.
Agri may be accompanied by swelling in hands and feet. Pain may change over the course of the day, depending on weather conditions, sleep disturbances, and stress. Pain can sometimes be felt more intensely in one half of the body. Mostly the general physical examination is normal and the patients are healthy, but with the detailed examination of the muscles there are typical tender points for the disease at certain points.
Fatigue is another important symptom of Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis and is observed in about 90% of patients. Some of the patients complain of reduced general fatigue and fatigue. Sleep disorders in the majority of patients and fatigue in the morning can be seen. Although it is not difficult to fall asleep, the deep sleep part is distorted and you may wake up often at night.
About four of the patients may have depression. Mood disorders such as feeling bad can be seen more often. In some patients, slowing down of simple mental functions may be observed. It is known that headache and migraine are common in patients with Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis .
In addition, abdominal pain, constipation-diarrhea attacks, urinary symptoms, skin sensitivity to heat and color changes can be seen.
- Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis affects 2-4% of people, usually women.
- It is important for the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis in the patient’s complaints and the number of tender
- points in the examination (sensitivity at 18 points from 11 to 9-11 when combined with other
- situations-spastic column, squeezing and suteno locking, tension type headache).
- There are no tests to diagnose the disease. However, laboratory tests or x-rays may be needed to
- distinguish diseases that may be caused by other similar complaints.
- Despite the absence of treatment, it is possible to achieve significant relief with medications.
- At the same time, patients feel better about themselves through personal approaches such as exercise and adequate sleep.
How do you diagnose Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis ?
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis is diagnosed clinically with widespread pain and the presence of certain tender points. There is no specific laboratory test or X-ray of this disease. The tests only help distinguish fibromyalgia-like other diseases (such as thyroid disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, infection). Detailed disease history and physical examination should be done to distinguish chronic pain and other diseases that cause fatigue.
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis may be suspected by looking at your afflictions. Certain body points are painful with tactile or repressive touch. Some diagnostic tests may be needed to rule out other diseases that can cause pain (such as Sjögren’s syndrome, polymyalgia rheumatika, etc.). No signs of fibromyalgia, inflammation (inflammation).
Since common pain is the main characteristic of Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis , your doctor will ask you to describe the pain. This may help to understand the difference between the pain properties of fibromyalgia and other diseases that cause muscle and joint pain. For example, hypothyroidism, Sjögren’s syndrome, polymyalgia can mimic rheumatism, sometimes fibromyalgia. If you are applying to Rheumatology, it will be easier to distinguish such diseases that may be involved.
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatments
1. Drug treatment to reduce pain and regulate sleep
2. Muscle stretching and exercises to improve cardiovascular compliance
3. Relaxation exercises to reduce muscle spasm
4. Educational programs to help understand and cope with the illness are useful. In some patients, Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis is very mild and it can be helpful to tell only the disease and to relieve the anxiety. However, most patients will need to plan a detailed treatment program.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs often do not have Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis in the treatment of pain in rheumatic diseases. Instead, medication to relieve deep sleep and relax muscles is more useful.
Most of these drugs are used in the treatment of depression. However, doses used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis are much lower in depression. These drugs, which may have side effects such as drowsiness, constipation, mouth instability during the day, should definitely be used for physician control.
Physical therapy and exercise therapy
The main purpose of Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis treatment is to relax the tense and painful muscles and improve the cardiovascular compliance. Almost all patients benefit from hot applica- tions. Most patients benefit greatly from exercise programs to improve durability, reduce pain, and aerobic exercises such as swimming, walking, and cycling.
However, physiotherapy and exercise treatment can be changed by type, duration, dozen, patient, so it is recommended to be done under physician control. When diagnosed, the patient and his relatives should know that fibromyalgia syndrome is not a life threatening, disabling disease like other inflammatory joint rheumatisms, but it is a real disease that can break down the quality of life due to pain and fatigue and reduce the work power.
Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis has no single medication. The American College of Rheumatology (ACR) recommends treatment: the psychological state of the person and one of the drugs that regulate pain perception (duloxetine, Lyrica), behavioral therapy (cognitive or cognitive therapy), and exercise.
Drugs: US Food and Drug Administration (FDA); approved three drugs for Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis treatment. Two of them; Duloxetine and Milnacipran: affect the pain sensation in the brain (serotonin and norepinephrine). In addition, amitriptyline, cyclobenzaprine or venlafaxine are also effective in the treatment of fibromyalgia. You can get information about side effects of these medicines from your doctor. The other drug approved for fibromyalgia is pregabalin (Lyrica). It blocks (overpresses) the overactivity of the nerve cells that enable the transmission of the pain. Another similar drug is gabapentin (Neurontin).
In some cases, acetaminophen or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may be used for short-term or as needed for pain in Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Other treatments: Tai Chi and yoga may reduce the symptoms of Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis . Outdoor walks are recommended.
Cognitive therapy (behavior modification and positive thought-based therapy) is quite useful.
They can benefit from acupuncture and massage therapies.
Recommendations for Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis
* Drug treatment alone does not help. With what you do, you can make a lot of contribution to your own treatment.
* Take care of your sleep pattern. Sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
* Reduce the daily amount of caffeine, eat coffee and tea in the morning, and quit smoking.
* Regular exercise; is a very important part of the treatment Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis . Regular exercise usually reduces pain symptoms and fatigue. Though it’s a bit difficult at first, start with a low tempo and gradually increase. Make yourself your daily routine by creating exercise opportunities during the day. For example, use stairs instead of walking stairs or elevators. Increase your walking distance by parking your car farther. Perform swimming, aerobic and / or stretching exercises. It will take time to create the exercise routine in the beginning. Just keep moving, stay active and do not give up!
* Take pleasure in doing things that will comfort you and do them in stressful and painful times.
* Train yourself. Go to patient support sites for Fibromyalgia Rheumatoid Arthritis , share your problems with other people, and learn about their and how you cope.[:]