How to Download Photos From Iphone to PC
Download Photos From Iphone to PC. Whether you own a 16 GB, 32 GB or 128 GB iPhone, sooner or later you will want to transfer your photos to a computer to free up storage space. Apple’s smartphone makes it easy to send files to a PC or a MAC but also to synchronize in a few seconds all these photos. Here is the procedure to send multimedia content (photos, videos) from your iPhone to your computer.
How to Download Photos From Iphone to PC
In this article, you’ll discover two quick and easy ways to transfer your iOS photos and videos to the PC using CopyTrans Photo. This software is compatible with all models of iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
Export photos and videos to a PC
Why clutter his phone with hundreds of photos and unnecessarily occupy the memory of his iPhone when it can be stored on his computer? And then in case of failure or loss, it is still more prudent to have a copy of his photos on another medium (CD, DVD, USB key or computer). Backing up your data is essential. To import photos to Windows you will need:
- Unlock your iPhone by typing your lock code
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via the USB cable provided by Apple
- If this is the first time you connect your iPhone to this PC, an alert window will appear on the phone screen.
- Click the Trust button to allow the computer to access files stored on your Apple device
- Windows will then offer you direct access to the content of your iPhone
- If no message appears, click the My Computer icon
- Select your iPhone from the list of removable devices
- In the tree of your iPhone, you will find a directory containing all your photos
- Using your mouse, click on the images you want to save and move them to a directory on your PC by letting your finger press the button
Sync your photos with iTunes
You can also sync your photos via the iTunes software. Synchronization allows you to update all your data on your computer and iPhone. To do this
- Open the iTunes software on your computer
- Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable
- Then press the button with the name of your iPhone. The latter is at the top right of the iTunes software
- Click on the Photos tab
- Check the box Synchronize photos from
- You can also add videos created with your smartphone to sync
Delete synced photos from your iPhone
We will now see how to delete synced photos to save space on your Apple smartphone.
- Open the iTunes software and connect your iPhone to your computer via the USB cable
- Click on the Photos tab then Albums
- Deselect all the photos you want to delete
You now know how to transfer your photos from an iPhone to a computer. Do not forget to do this manipulation regularly. If you are a fan of photography and selfies it is essential to back up your data. No one is safe from theft or technical failure.
The old method
- First, you need to download and install iTunes for Windows.
- Once iTunes is installed, plug your iPhone into the USB port of your computer.
- With your iPhone connected, open Windows Explorer.
- Under the left sidebar, click on ” This PC “, followed by “The iPhone of [your name]”.
- Double-click on ” Internal Storage ” and ” DCIM “.
- Depending on the number of photos you have taken, you should see several folders with the name “100APPLE”. Each folder contains your images.
- Highlight the photos you want, copy them, and then paste them into an appropriate folder on your computer.
Although this method works perfectly, if you use Windows 10, there are some other options that will save you time.
Transfer photos from the iPhone to a PC using the ‘Photos’ application
- With iTunes installed and your iPhone plugged in, open the ” Photos ” app .
- Click “Import” at the top right of the screen, and a window will appear showing all the images on your iPhone.
- You can deselect the photos you do not want to download and once you are ready to import, just click “Continue” to start the upload.
If you have photos that you want to import but are in iCloud and are not stored on your iPhone because you need to free up space, iCloud for Windows should be useful.
Not only will it download all the photos currently on your computer, but it will also synchronize any future photos you take. To do this, just be sure after you’ve logged in to iCloud on your computer for the first time, you select “My Photo Stream” and “Download new photos to my PC” during the installation process.
To make a full backup of your library on the PC:
- Download CopyTrans Photo by clicking on the following button:
- Install the program. Consult our installation guide if necessary.
- Open CopyTrans Photo and connect your iOS device.
- Click the “Full Backup” button in the menu bar at the top of the application. Find the folder or create a new one on the PC where you want to save your photo albums. After selecting a folder, click “OK”.
- The backup of the photos starts. The duration of the transfer may vary depending on the size of your library.
- You have finished ! Your photo library has been saved to your computer.
To copy the photos of your choice from the iPhone to the PC:
- Open CopyTrans Photo and connect your iOS device. Let the program load your photos and videos completely. The photos of the iPhone appear in the window on the left, and those of the PC – on the right of the screen. You can also see the folders of the device and the PC and select the one you want to view.
- Since CopyTrans Photo, it is possible to create a new folder on the PC to copy your photos and videos by clicking on the small green folder:
- Now, just drag and drop your photos to transfer them to the selected folder.
- All you have to do is click the Apply Changes button to make sure your changes are taken into account.
- You can now find your photos in the folder you created on the PC.
- If you do not see some of your photos in CopyTrans Photo, they are probably stored in iCloud.