How to Download Facebook Videos
You want to download a Facebook video to your iPhone, Android smartphone or your PC? We’ll show you how. Videos are playing an increasingly important role on Facebook . If you want to watch these videos offline, you need to save them to your device. This does not work directly on Facebook. We’ll show you which apps and programs are on the iPhone, your Android device or your PC.
How to Download Facebook Videos
Over 30 million people are active on Facebook every month, sharing videos and other content with their friends. Every time you open Facebook, you see something different in your timeline – which makes the social network just as exciting as Instagram.
Once viewed content is usually not displayed again. If you want to save this content, especially videos, it takes little detours, which we present here.
Download Facebook Videos on the computer
To download a Facebook video to your PC, you must use a website that converts the video URL. Then you can download the file. In our manual we have used the page fbdown.net.
Right-click on the Facebook video you want to save. Then go to ” Show Video URL ” in the menu .
Highlight the URL of the Facebook video you want to download. To make sure you’ve gotten the entire URL, you can use the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl] + [A] . Then copy the URL using the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl] + [C] .
Open the website ” https://www.fbdown.net/ ” and paste the URL into the free field . Then click on ”
Finally, go to ” Download Video in Normal Quality “.
he video will now be downloaded.
Download Facebook Videos on Android
Facebook videos can be easily downloaded to your Android device via special apps. In our example, we chose the app “Video Downloader for Facebook”. The Google Play Store also has other apps available for video download, all of which work similarly.
Download the ” Video Downloader for Facebook ” app from the Google Play Store . After starting the app, tap on ” Search Facebook “.
Log in to the app on Facebook .
Now tap on a video in your timeline or on a Facebook page . Subsequently, a menu opens.
There you go to ” Download “.
After the download is finished, the video will be saved in the folder ” fb.video.downloader “. If you do not have a file manager like ES File Explorer on your smartphone, you still need to download one to get the saved video. Often such a file manager is already preinstalled on your device.
Download Facebook Videos on iphone
First, download the free app “Friendly for Facebook” from the App Store . This app allows you to download the video from the chronicle . Log in to the app with your Facebook data and just scroll down the history to a video you want to save. Then tap the cloud at the bottom right.
Go to ” Download Video to Camera Roll ” to save the video in the Photos app .
Then tap ” OK ” to allow the app to save in the Photos app . The video is now being downloaded.
Now open the Photos app .
Note : If you want to download videos from a page’s video collection , this works with the Facebook app and MyMedia – File Manager from the App Store . Copy the video URL into the Facebook app and then use the browser built into MyMedia File Manager to download the videos as you would with computers.
Quick guide: Save Facebook video on the computer
- Right-click the video in Facebook and then click ” Show Video URL “.
- Copy the displayed URL .
- Go to the website ” https://www.fbdown.net/ ” and paste the URL in the box next to ” Download“. Then click on ” Download “.
- Download the file by clicking on ” Download Video in Normal Quality “.
Quick guide: Download Facebook video in Android
- Download and start the Video Downloader for Facebook app on the Google Play Store . In the app tap on ” Search Facebook “.
- Log into Facebook within the ” Video Downloader for Facebook “.
- Tap on a video and then go to ” Download “.
- You can find the downloaded videos on your Android device in the fb.video.downloader folder .
Quick guide: Download Facebook video on the iPhone
- First, download the Friendly for Facebook app from the App Store . Open the app and log in with your Facebook data . Scroll down the Chronicle to the video that you want to download and tap the cloud bottom right.
- Then press ” Download Video to Camera Roll “.
- Now go to ” OK ” to allow saving in the Photos app , where you will then find the saved videos .
Download Facebook videos via the browser
Windows users have a particularly simple Facebook video download: they need nothing more than a browser – for example, Edge. Here you open the relevant video post and copy its URL. After that you just need to replace the “www” in the URL with an “m”. To make Facebook “think” you would be accessing it via a mobile device.
Now pause the video and right-click to open the context menu. With “Save Video As”, the Facebook video goes directly to your hard drive and is now also available offline at any time.
Download videos directly from Facebook
If you want to save a video that was posted directly on Facebook, there is a small web application:
- First, find the video you want to download on Facebook.
- Do not play this, but make a right-click on the preview image. Now select “Show Video URL” and copy the displayed link.
- Then visit the website fbdown.net . Paste the copied link there and click on the “Download-Button”.
- Quickly you get the new buttons “Download Video in Normal Quality” and “Download Video in HD Quality”.
- Now click on the desired quality level. The video will then be downloaded.
Download videos from Facebook with Android app
Even when you’re on the go, you do not have to do without a convenient download of Facebook videos with your Android smartphone:
- With the app MyVideoDownloader for Facebook you can download videos from Facebook in HD quality to your smartphone.
- Initially, you must identify yourself with your Facebook account and allow the app the access rights.
- Then you’ll see all the videos from your Facebook feed, which you can download directly.
Download Facebook Videos (Vidpaw.com)
VidPaw Video Downloader Online allows iPhone users to directly download Facebook videos. With VidPaw you can dowonloden other online videos faster and easier, like YouTube videos and so on.
- First, open the VidPaw website. Then directly add the link to your hoped-for Facebook video and tap ” Start“.
- Select the target format and the desired quality of the videos. Then click on ” Download“.
- VidPaw will now start downloading the videos after clicking on ” Download“.
Note: If you want to save and play the Facebook video on your iPhone, you can use FonePaw iOS Transfer to transfer the video from PC to iPhone .
Download Facebook Videos with Windows (without additional software)
Of course, the video is not available offline. If you want to download a video from Facebook, you must first be sure that it is really on Facebook, and not a shared Youtube video. This can be seen when playing the video, for example, on the Youtube logo in the player. Of course, in this case, you will need to download the video directly from Youtube.
To download a real Facebook video with Windows , all you need is your browser. First, open the video post, for example, by clicking on the post’s date in the newsfeed. The post URL will appear in the address bar of your browser. This always has the following form:
In this URL, replace the www with an m and press Enter. This will open the mobile view of the post. There you start the video, and then pause it again. Now, right-click on the paused video and select “Save Video As” from the context menu. Disadvantage here is that you can not select the video quality.
The video ends up in MP4 format on your hard drive. Using the converter, you can convert the video to any format.
Download Facebook videos with Windows or Mac with additional software
To download a Facebook video with Windows or Mac and choose the video quality you need a web service like downvids.net , fbdown.net or savefrom.net . Simply copy the URL of the video post into the appropriate box on the page, and then click “Download.” Finally, you can choose to download the SD or HD version of the clip.
Then simply mark and copy the URL from the browser’s address bar and paste it into fbdown or savefrom.
Tip: As a Chrome user, you can make it even easier by simply installing the Chrome extension to Fbdown. An arrow will appear in the Chrome toolbar. Once you’ve opened a video post on Facebook, click on it to download the video.
download Facebook Private Videos
STEP 1 : Go to the video you want to download
STEP 2 : You can access the page source by right-clicking the video page and selecting Show Page Source. Press “CTRL + U” OR Right-Click> Show Page Source
STEP 3 : Now copied page source in the provided field. Once you’re done, click on the “Download” button. Press CTRL + A to select all, press CTRL + C to copy all (HTML page)
STEP 4 : Go to this page Private Facebook Video Downloader. Copy the copied source and then click Download