How to Delete Photos From iphone
Delete Photos From iphone. Although the storage capacity of iPhones is constantly increasing, it seems that we never have enough room in our devices for the photo library that keeps our photos and videos in high quality. When at a given moment we receive the error message “Storage is almost saturated” and we can not take any more pictures, we wonder how to clean up the photo library.
How to Delete Photos From iphone
In our article, discover 5 ways to remove photos and videos from the Camera Roll to make room in your iPhone.
To free up space on your iPhone:
Delete Photos From iphone using CopyTrans Photo
- Start by downloading CopyTrans Photo:
- Install the software and launch it.
- Connect your device to the PC. The photos of your iPhone are displayed on the left of the screen, and those of the PC – on the right.
- Select the photos you want to delete. To select multiple photos hold down the CTRL button and click each photo. You can also click CTRL + A to select all the photos at once.
Then right click on your mouse and choose “Remove from Filmstrip” – or just press Delete.
- Confirm the deletion of the photos by clicking on “Yes”.
- Finally, click on the “Apply changes” button.
- Your photos have now been removed from the album
- If you receive the error message “You can not delete photos from the Camera Roll album” please disconnect your iPhone, then unblock and reconnect it.
Delete Photos From iphone from Windows Explorer
- Connect your iPhone to the PC.
- Open the “This PC” folder and choose “Apple iPhone” from the list of devices and drives. Then go to “Internal Storage” – “DCIM”.
- In this folder you will find all the folders that contain your photos and videos.
- Find the folders with the photos you want to delete or choose all the folders at the same time and delete them.
- This method is basic because it does not require third-party software, but will not be very useful if you need to erase particular photos or videos. It’s very easy to get lost in the Apple folder tree.
Delete Photos From iphone from iphone
This method is useful if you are in a hurry and you do not have a PC next to it. In this case, the photos and videos only disappear after 30 days of waiting in the album “Deleted recently” that is created automatically – which is good for recovering images removed by mistake, but not very practical you need to gain space immediately: you have to erase all of this basket album once again.
- Open the “Photos” app on your device.
- Go to the “Photos” (bottom bar).
- Tap “Select” at the top right, and choose the images you want to delete.
- The selected photos and videos will be marked by a “vu”. To delete them, you just have to select the trash at the bottom right.
- It is done ! Do not forget to check your “recently deleted” or opt for CopyTrans Photo
Delete photo albums from your iPhone
If you want to delete albums with photos and videos of your holidays or parties from your iPhone, please see the article below
Delete photos and videos stored on iCloud
If you could not delete your photos from film, it’s probably because your photos and videos are stored on iCloud. Before deleting, do not forget to save everything on your PC. How to download all iCloud photos on the PC? Then you can proceed to delete your library using CopyTrans Cloudly . When you delete the photos from the iCloud, they will also be deleted from your iPhone.
Delete multiple Photos From iphone
Erasing a photo on an iPhone is not difficult. You open the Photos application, select one of your snapshots and click on the Trash icon . It’s hard to make it simpler. Unfortunately if you have several hundreds of photos to delete, this operation is very quickly tedious and usefull.
select multiple photos to delete
Rest assured there is a method to delete a group of photos in the blink of an eye or almost. To begin:
- Open the Photos app
- Select one of your albums
- Then click the Select button at the top right of the window
- Choose one by one each image you want to erase. A small blue round icon will appear at the bottom of the photo.
- Press the Trash button to delete them.
- This solution removes relatively large amounts of photos without wasting too much time. On the other hand, if your library contains several thousand images, the manual selection of each image will quickly become a laborious operation.
Delete photos from your iPhone by connecting it to a computer
Fortunately an alternative exists. For this, you will connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable. Once connected to your PC, your iPhone will be recognized as a camera.
- Open the Windows File Explorer
- Click on the iPhone icon in the This PC section.
- Browse through the folders and using your mouse select all the images you want to delete.
Delete automatic photo syncing from iTunes
Be careful, do not forget to disable synchronization of iTunes photos. Otherwise all erased images will be automatically copied to your iPhone.
- Open iTunes
- At the top right in the software window, click the button with the name of your iPhone
- Select the Library section, and then click the Photos tab
- Deselect the albums you want to delete from your smartphone
This solution is much more convenient for removing a large amount of photos. The only constraint is having a computer at your fingertips.
Delete Photos From iphone from a Mac
If you have a Mac, the process should be easier. Indeed, it is possible to delete all the photos from your iPhone at once.
Do an Image Capture search from your Mac, then select the iPhone. All images in your phone will be displayed. To erase several at once, click once on one of them and then hold Command + A to mark all the photos. Finally, press the gray forbidden symbol at the bottom left of the window.
How to remove all photos on iPhone: Using the Photos app on Mac
It’s a pretty similar method to the way we use “Image Capture”. I think using image capture would be a faster solution if you simply try to delete unnecessary images (not keeping them). But, if there is a problem, you can still use the photos application on Mac.
Delete from a Windows 10 PC
If Apple has arranged for us not to be able to do much on your phone by simply connecting it to your Mac or Windows computer to push us to go through iTunes, it is still possible to navigate through a certain kind of files and especially photos. Indeed, it’s almost the only kind of file that can be viewed and edited from a computer. And this is handy when you have to delete several or all photos.
Plug your iPhone into the system and confirm that you trust the computer on your iPhone screen. Then from your computer settings, to find the folder of the iPhone. The name of your phone should appear in the list under “This PC”. Click on it then navigate in the different folders that have appeared. It is possible that there are several.
Then, just select the photos you want to delete, or take all of them via the Ctrl + A command and delete them. For this, the “Delete” key will do the trick, otherwise right click and delete.
If you prefer to use the Apple tools, it is also possible to delete synchronized snapshots from Apple’s official file manager: iTunes. For this, simply select the smartphone and go to the photos. Then deselect “all albums” and apply synchronization. This would remove all the photo albums from your iPhone.