How to Delete Facebook Page
If you want to Delete Facebook Page, we show you how to do it. Some site owners may know that. You manage a Facebook page, for example, for your own shop, a blog or a project. But now you may be dedicated to other tasks and do not want to continue the Facebook page. Maybe the business does not exist anymore or you do not write a blog anymore.
Delete Facebook page: On the desktop PC or notebook in the browser
Facebook page on which no new content or information appears more, makes so seldom sense. Of course, Facebook has the right function for such cases. You can easily delete a Facebook page.
If you manage a Facebook page on your PC or notebook in your browser, you can easily delete the Facebook page there.
– Simply visit facebook.com and log in as usual with the personal access data.
– Then you change over the “arrow” icon in the top menu bar to the corresponding Facebook page that you want to remove.
– Now simply navigate with the mouse or the touchpad to the “Settings” .
– You then end up in the general page settings. At the bottom you will find the option “remove page” and click on “edit” next to it .
– This opens a dialog in which you have to click on “delete (page name)” again .
So you do not accidentally delete a Facebook page, ask Facebook once again, if you really want to remove the page. If yes, just click on “delete page” and the Facebook page is already removed.
Delete Facebook page: On the smartphone or tablet in the page manager app
If you manage a Facebook page on your smartphone or tablet with the Facebook page manager app, you can also easily delete a Facebook page. This is even easier and done with a few touches on the display.
– Just open the Facebook page manager app and change to the numerous setting options with the “menu” icon in the main page and then navigate to the “page settings “ .
– Then you type in the bottom “Delete page” .
– Also in the page manager app asks Facebook once again, if you are sure that you want to delete the Facebook page. If so, the deletion process is started with the button “Delete page” and the Facebook page is removed.
Delete Facebook Page : Quick Method
- Go to your desired Facebook page and under “Edit page” select “Edit settings”.
- At the bottom of the page you have the setting “Remove page”. Click “Edit” on the right side.
- You will be notified that your page will be deleted in 14 days and will not be available from then on.
- The next step asks you to confirm the deletion. Click on the button “Delete page”.
- Note: Within 14 days you can cancel the deletion at any time.
instructions for deleting your Facebook page (Desktop)
- Open Facebook and log in.
- Select the page you want to delete in the top right corner above the arrow.
- Now click on Settings> General.
- At the bottom is now: Remove page> Delete your page. Please click this.
- Click on ” Delete page name ” to confirm – delete page and save change .
Your Facebook page is no longer available. You will be asked after 14 days if you want to permanently delete the Facebook Page.
With the 14-day Facebook wants to make sure that you can once again worry about whether the page really should be deleted.
instructions for deleting your Facebook page (App)
- Open the Facebook app and log in, if you have not already done so.
- Now select the icon at the bottom right with the three bars and choose “Pages”.
- Now select the page to be deleted.
- Then tap the three dots in the top right corner and go to Edit Settings .
- Now go to General > Delete Page Names? (in the box remove page, to scroll down)
- With Delete page confirm. The Facebook page is now completely deleted in 14 days and is immediately unreachable.
Which users are allowed to delete a Facebook Page?
It is only allowed to administrators to delete a Facebook Fanpage.
Delete Facebook page in 6 steps
In the following 6 steps we will show you step-by-step how to delete your fan page on the PC. The process is quick and can even be done by a layman:
- First, you must log in to Facebook. Then go to your fanpage that you want to delete.
- On your page, click on ” Settings ” in the upper right corner .
- At the bottom are the ” Remove page ” option , click on the ” Edit ” section.
- After this step, a text link will appear below to delete your page. Click ” Delete XY ” (XY = your page title).
- The last step displays a dialog box, the last time the deletion must be confirmed. Click ” Delete page ” if you want to permanently delete your fan page.
- Your fanpage is deleted.
Delete Facebook page by Mobile Phone (iPhone App)
The deletion of the fan page can also be done via iPhone app on the phone. Many users find this option practical. If you decide to remove the Facebook page via the iPhone app, then follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Go to the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- You can access the overview of your own pages by clicking on the horizontal bars on the bottom right.
- Select the fan page you want to remove.
- The menu is opened by pressing the 3 dots on the top right.
- Click on ” Edit Settings ” and then on the button ” General “.
- Now click on ” Remove page ” in the lower area .
- In the last step you have to confirm that you really want to delete your page. Press ” Delete page “.
- Thus, the page is deleted.
Can a cancellation of the Facebook page be reversed?
On some days, it may happen that you feel overwhelmed and want to give Fanseite. Once the page has been deleted and the above points have been followed either by PC or App, not all is lost: the deletion can still be undone.
For this reason, Facebook offers the time of 14 days, in which one has the opportunity to cancel the deletion. After 14 days, Facebook sends a message to the admin of the page. After this message, if you really want to remove the page, you have to affirm the deletion. Within 14 days, fans page members can not access the content. The users do not receive notification about the deletion of the page. The page is not displayed.
Who can delete Facebook page?
Facebook offers only the administrators of the fan page the opportunity to remove the page. Except the admin, no third party has the ability to remove the page. This regulation has its advantages and disadvantages at the same time.
The advantage is that no user can remove the page without the consent of the administrator. However, this limitation is also the disadvantage at the same time. For example, if a fake page is created and the name of a company is abused. In this case, the company can not deactivate the page itself.
The company can do in case of abuse, nothing more than to report the page on Facebook as a fake page or abuse. After that, the network checks the matter and takes care of disabling the page. To report a fake page, a form must be completed or the page itself must be reported.
As a reason, no subjective justification may be mentioned. The company itself, which is damaged by the identity theft, can take further legal action.
Disable the own profile, but how?
If you decide to also delete your own profile, this can also be done in a few steps. In the profile area, you can click on ” Deactivate“And thus disable your private user profile on Facebook. In this way, no one has the insight into your profile. Thanks to the deactivation you have the opportunity to return, if you change your mind.
In the meantime, nothing changes regarding your own data, photos and videos. Your own content is preserved and no other Facebook user can see it. If you finally decide to delete your own profile, then a special link from Facebook must be required.
Via this link the profile can be permanently deleted. All photos and other content will be lost. It may take up to 90 days for the profile to be permanently deleted. It is recommended to download your own data before the final deletion.
When is the deletion of a fan page useful?
Unfortunately, it can happen that the business does not go as planned. In this case you should not despair because the page can be deleted easily and easily. Another reason for a deletion may be the lack of time. If you do not have enough time to deal with the promotion and maintenance of content on Facebook, the site should rather be deleted.
Users always expect regular and up-to-date content. This hunger for information must be satisfied by the admin of the site. Inactive sites “fall asleep” for a long period of time and lose a massive amount of reach. For a perfect promotion, daily posts are required.
If you do not manage to answer the questions of customers and prospects as an admin, then it’s better to the page will be deleted. On the contrary, users can get the impression that things are not right. Before one loses the trust because of not responding to the messages and inquiries of the customers, it makes sense to deactivate the page.