How to Delete Contacts on Iphone ( Step by Step )
Do you need to Delete Contacts on Iphone ? Or do you completely want to delete them for any reason? This tutorial will show you how to do it, it will also explain how to get rid of the contacts saved on your iCloud account.
How to Delete Contacts on Iphone
An iPhone is well known as an “easy to use” device, and Apple has provided a wide range of features and tools that we can use, so our experience is always excellent. When we use apps and features frequently, we manage everything with ease.
On the other hand, we all have a problem when we have to do something we rarely do, or something we have never done before. I’m going to give you an example. Users rarely decide to delete all contacts only.
Method 1: Using your iPhone
- Go to the “Settings”. Tap the gray cog icon that is usually located on the main screen.
-If you want to permanently delete the contacts saved on your iCloud account, please go directly to the next part.
- Swipe down and press “Contacts”. It is located near the middle of the menu.
- Disable the “Contacts in other apps” feature by dragging the bar next to it. The bar will turn white to indicate that the function has been disabled.
- Tap “Accounts and Passwords”. This option is in the first lines of the “Settings”.
- Select an account other than iCloud. Tap that other account you added on your phone.
- Disable “Contacts” in this option. The bar will change from green to white and you will be able to delete all contacts located in your iPhone.
- Press “Delete”. A window will appear and will want to confirm your wish to erase all the contacts you previously synchronized with this account, by doing so they will disappear from your iPhone.
-Once this action is complete, please repeat the same actions for any other account registered on your iPhone other than iCloud.
- Press “Accounts”. This button with blue writing is on the top left corner of the screen. It will allow you to return to the “Accounts and Passwords” page.
- Press iCloud. It is in the “ACCOUNTS” section of the menu.
- Disable the contacts by dragging the bar. It will change color to white and you will finally be able to delete all iCloud contacts on your iPhone.
- Tap “Remove from my iPhone.” All contacts will finally be totally erased from your device.
You can now open the contacts application (it is represented by an icon with people’s heads). The inscription “No contacts” should appear.
Method 2: Using the iCloud website
- Log on to the iCloud website of any computer. Go to icloud.com on a web browser and log in with your Apple ID account. You will have access to all your iCloud data, including contacts.
-For this action, it would be necessary for you to connect to the same Apple ID account that is registered on your iPhone.
- Open the “Contacts” section of the iCloud website. It is represented by the same icon of the Contacts application on your iPhone.
- Select the contacts you want to delete. Press Ctrl, Cmd, and A simultaneously to select all contacts, or hold down Ctrl and Cmd and click the contacts you want to select.
- Tap the gear icon. You will find it on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on “Delete”. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the contacts you selected. These contacts will permanently disappear from all your devices that are connected, including your iPhone. You will not be able to recover these deleted contacts from your iCloud.
Method 3: Using the Contacts App on Mac
- Make sure your iPhone and Mac share the same iCloud account. You will need to be logged in to the same account on both devices to perform this action.
- Open the “Contacts” application on your Mac. You will find it in the applications folder.
- Select all the contacts you want to delete. Press the Command and A keys simultaneously to select all contacts, or hold Command and click each contact you want to select.
- Clear the selection of contacts. Press the Delete key or click on the “Edit” menu and select “Delete Cards”. You will then be asked to confirm the final deletion of these contacts. These changes will sync with all devices that are connected, and contacts will disappear from your iPhone.
-It will not be possible to recover contacts from iCloud.
how to remove all contacts
Your iPhone is repairing and you want to delete all the contacts that can still be found on it? With this tutorial, learn how to desynchronize your iPhone contacts with those of iCloud (or other compatible service) and delete only those that are in your smartphone.
Desynchronize and delete your contacts
If you really want to delete all your contacts, we recommend that you first make a full backup of your iPhone . Then you need to desynchronize your smartphone providers (iCloud, Gmail, Hotmail …) supposed to save your contact cards. Your contacts may well, otherwise, end up in your iPhone when you thought you deleted them.
- Go to Settings
- Touch Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Go to each configured account and turn off Contacts each time , then choose Remove from iPhone
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open (if this is not done automatically) iTunes
- Go to the Info tab
- Uncheck Synchronize Contacts
The bulk of your contacts must now be missing, so to speak, to the call. For the few diehards still in your iPhone, there is no alternative – remove them one by one by following these steps:
- Touch a contact to delete, then touch Edit at the top right of the window
- Scroll down at the bottom of the contact card, and tap Delete contact
Your iPhone is now free from its contacts – at least in the Phone app . There are indeed third-party applications that allow you to manage your contacts with an extra degree of security. Of course, if you are about to sell your phone, it would have been wiser (and easier) to completely erase everything on your iPhone.