How to Connect Iphone to Tv
Connect Iphone to Tv. To connect your iPhone to the TV or its iPad / iPod touch, there are two effective solutions. The wired connection using an audio / video adapter or the wireless connection thanks to the AirPlay technology and an Apple TV. Want to show your photos, videos, games apps, websites in big screen?
How to Connect Iphone to Tv
So, this tutorial is for you! In addition to reading we also invite you to read our articles to Connect your Mac to TV and the subject related to Use a second screen iMac (target display mode).
Connect Iphone to Tv Wireless with Airplay
If you have an iPhone / iPad / iPod touch or even a Mac, the most convenient solution in our opinion is to get rid of cables. For this, you need to invest in an Apple TV , ideally 3rd or 4th generation opportunity or Apple Refurb) or a Apple TV 4K (new). You must adopt the same Wi-Fi network on your iPhone (Settings , Wi-Fi) and your Apple TV (Settings, General, Network).
From your iPhone running iOS 11.x, for example, swipe up and tap Copy Screen. Everything you see on your iPhone / iPad, you now see it on your television (photos, videos, games).
Then you just have to choose under Screen Copy, your Apple TV should appear automatically.
Connect Iphone to Tv with Digital AV Lightning Adapter
The Digital Lightning AV Adapter is the easiest way to connect your iPhone to your TV.
This adapter has an HDMI output for connection to the TV, a Lightning output port to connect your iPhone / iPad, and an input port to recharge your device at the same time.
Let’s move on to practice:
First of all, make sure your TV has an HDMI output.
Often televisions have several, you will see on the side or back: HDMI 1, HDMI 2, 3, 4. The choice of one or the other does not matter.
- Connect your HDMI cable to the output you have chosen on your TV. Then, plug the other end to the Lightning adapter.
- Connect the adapter to the port of your iPhone or iPad
- If you want to charge your device at the same time: connect your cable to the input port of the adapter.
Now turn on your television. Using your remote control, select the HDMI output you chose in step 1.
The home screen of your iPhone will appear on your TV. It may be that the image quality is less good, no worries because it does not last.
You are ready!
Select your video from your iPhone. Note that all video applications can be used, such as Netflix, Youtube, Dailymotion, France TV, 6play, myCANAL, or BFM TV, ….
The home screen of your device now gives way to your video in HD (High Definition).
If you are using an iPad, the message “Connected TV” will be displayed.
To get to the control center, slide your finger to the left and choose the video output that will display the desired content on your TV, for example: AirPlay.
Connect Iphone to Tv with AirPlay
With the AirPlay function , you can also use the Apple TV , this time a connection between your iPhone / iPad to your TV, wireless!
To do this, you need to connect your Apple TV to your TV via an HDMI port, then connect your smartphone and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
Choose the appropriate entry and verify that its home screen is displayed.
Now follow these 5 steps:
- Launch a video, via Safari or any other video application.
- Display the control center of your iPhone. To do this, simply slide your finger up ( swipe up in English) on your screen.
- On the first page of the control center, select Apple TV .
- Touch your screen outside the control center to close it, then press Play to watch your video .
- You will find the AirPlay function in the list of your applications.
Note that some video applications, such as myCANAL or ARTE, have their own AirPlay function. To watch ARTE for example, open its application, select Airplay , then Apple TV , voila!
Connect Iphone to Tv with Mirroring – Mirror effect
You may not be able to watch streaming videos from an app or the internet on TV. Indeed, only developers determine the video applications that will be compatible with AirPlay.
To circumvent this, nothing is better than the so-called mirroring technique , it is a reproduction of the screen and all the content of your smartphone on your television.
Head to the Control Center (slide your finger up and down your iPhone screen), and select AirPlay , then Apple TV .
To see all your photos and videos on your TV: Open the Photo app , tap Share.
Choose photos by tapping on each one until a blue circle with a white arrow appears.
Select AirPlay and press Apple TV , your photos will be displayed on your TV screen .
To move from one photo to another, simply slide your finger to the left or right.
It is also possible to scroll them automatically, like a slide show.
Go back to Share , select your photos as before, tap Slideshow , and then tap Apple TV .
Then, by selecting Transitions you can customize your slideshow.
If you want to add music, unlock your screen and select the Music option.
Now, make your musical choice. To do this: choose the song, album or playlist, drag it, it will automatically appear the control center.
Select AirPlay , then Apple TV , that’s it, your photo slideshow on background music is ready!
Connect Iphone to Tv with Apple AV Composite Cable
If you have an iPhone or iPad 30 pins (first generations of iPad, iPhone 4s …) then your best option is the AV composite cable .
This cable works the same way as the Digital Lightning AV Adapter, explained above. However, you will need composite video input (video signal) from your TV and not HDMI.
Your videos must also be SD (Standard Definition) quality, HD is not compatible.
Connect Iphone to Tv with Use an HDMI adapter and a cable
- Get an HDMI adapter. Apple and third-party manufacturers connect “Lightning” to the iPhone’s iPhone charging port adapter.
An iPhone 4 needs a 30-pin to an HDMI adapter.
Only the iPhone 4 or newer can connect to your TV with HDMI.
2. Get an HDMI cable.
3. Connect the HDMI adapter to your iPhone.
4. Connect the HDMI adapter to TV via an HDMI cable.
5. Turn on the TV and the iPhone.
6. Start and press the input selector for TV.
7.Select the HDMI port to which your iPhone is connected. Your iPhone is connected to the TV.
Connect Iphone to Tv with Use an analog adapter and a cable
- Get an analog adapter.
On iPhone 4S or older, you’ll need an adapter with a red, white, and yellow 30-pin connector.
On the iPhone 5 or later, you will need a VGA adapter. If your TV does not have a VGA port, you will need to use HDMI or Apple TV.
On the iPhone 7, it is compatible with HDMI.
2. Get a composite or VGA cable.
3. Connect the analog adapter to your iPhone.
4. Connect an analog cable to the adapter and the other to the TV.
5. Turn on the TV and the iPhone.
6. Start and press the input selector for the TV.
7.Select the composite or VGA to which your iPhone is connected. Your iPhone is connected to the TV.
Connect Iphone to Tv with Using Airplay with Apple TV
- Turn on your TV and switch the source to the Apple TV port.
In this method, you will need an iPhone 4 or newer and a second generation Apple TV (2010) or newer.
2. Turn on your TV and the Apple TV device. Make sure your TV is set to the input to which Apple TV is connected. You can see the Apple TV interface.
If you are using your Apple TV for the first time, you will need to configure it.
3. Scroll to the top of your iPhone screen. This starts on the Control Center.
4.Tap on AirPlay Mirroring.
5. Tap AppleTV. The screen of your iPhone will appear on the screen of your TV.