How to Clear Browser Cache on Mac
Clear browser cache on mac. Each browser manages the deletion of cache data differently.As with Windows, every browser on Apple devices has its own location for storing cache data. Here we show you, step by step, how to delete cached files in Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera browsers.
How to Clear Browser Cache on Mac in Chrome
To remove the Chrome browser cache on Mac, follow one of these instructions.
1- Using the keyboard shortcut
- press the [shift] + [cmd] + [del] keys .
- A new tab with a popup window that opens. In the drop-down menu at the top right, you can select the period to delete. You can choose from the following options: less than an hour, last 24 hours, last week, last 4 weeks, all. If you want to delete all cache data, select “all”.
- Select the “Images and cached files” checkbox.
- Click on the “Clear browsing data” button and reload the website.
2- Using the main menu
- Click on “Chrome” in the main menu.
- Select “Clear browsing data …”
- A new tab with a popup window opens. Follow the same instructions from step 2 of “Using the keyboard shortcut” above.
3- Using the settings menu
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the browser window next to the URL bar.
- You can access the “Clear browsing data …” menu from the “More tools” menu or from the “Settings” menu.
- If you select ” Clear browsing data … “, a new tab with a popup window that opens. Proceed as described in the first instruction in step 2.
- If you select ” Settings “, the browser settings open in a new window. Scroll down and click on the “Advanced Settings” link.
Depending on the size of your screen, you may need to scroll down again to see the link.
- Click the “Clear browsing data …” button.
- A new tab with a popup window that opens. Proceed as described in the first instruction in step 2.
How to Clear Browser Cache on Mac in Mozilla Firefox
To remove the Firefox browser cache on a Mac, follow these steps:
- In the browser’s main menu, select “History” and then “Clear recent history …”
- A popup window opens. In the drop-down menu, you can set the interval for which you want to delete the cache. you have the following choices: the last hour, the last two hours, the last four hours, today or all.
- To delete all data from the cache, select “All” from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the arrow next to “Details” to display the different possibilities for which the data should be deleted. If you want to delete only the cache, then check only the “Cache” check box.
- Clicking the “Clear now” button deletes the cache.
- Reload the site later
How to Clear Browser Cache on Mac in Safari
If you want to delete the Safari browser cache, you can do it quickly with a keyboard shortcut or via the developer menu.
Apple makes it easy for us: Deleting the Safari browser cache via a keyboard shortcut
The fastest way to clear your cache is to use the following shortcut: [cmd]+ [alt] + [e] .
Clearing the cache in the developer menu
You can also activate a developer menu in Safari to activate several business options. To display the developer menu:
- Select the first item “Safari” in the main menu and then in the drop-down menu “Preferences …”
- A popup window opens. Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Check the option “Show the menu Development in the menu bar” at the very bottom. Now you should see a new menu item in the main menu named “Development”.
- If you click on this “Development” menu, you can select “Empty Caches” in the sub-menu.
- Reload the site.
How to Clear Browser Cache on Mac in Opera
In the Opera browser, you can delete the cache quite easily. Follow this step-by-step guide to find the options.
1- Using the keyboard shortcut
- Press the [shift] + [cmd] + [del] keys .
- The settings open in the browser window in a pop-up window. From the drop-down menu at the top of the pop-up window, you can select the period for which you want to delete the cache. You can choose from the following options: the previous hour, the last 24 hours, the last week, the last 4 weeks, everything. If you want to delete all cache data, select “all”.
- Select the “Delete cookies and other site data” and “Clear cache” checkboxes.
- Click the “Clear browsing data” button and reload the website.
2- From the main menu
- Click on “Opera” in the main menu.
- Select “Clear browsing data …”
- The pop-up window of the first statement opens. Follow these instructions from step 2 of “Using the Keyboard Shortcut”.
3- On the browser preferences page
- Click in the main menu on “Opera” then on “Preferences”
- Preferences open in a new window.
- Select the “Privacy and Security” item.
- The “Privacy” item is displayed with the “Clear browsing data …” button.
- After clicking this button, the pop-up window of the first instruction opens. Follow these instructions from step 2 of “Using the Keyboard Shortcut” .
How to clear browser cache on Mac Method 2
The cache is a space on your hard disk occupied by the browser, the system and the applications that store data he downloaded in case of need. C A s we know, if we do not remove these temporary files on Mac, u As time, caches accumulate and become larger, it will slow down your Mac and is an important part of storage space. If your browser or applications are running slowly, you may need to flush the cache to make your system and browser faster.
Method 1: How to Clear the Cache Manually
Step 1: Open Finder> Click the “Go” menu in the menu at the top of your screen.
Step 2: Click the Libraries folder in the drop-down menu to open your hidden Library files.
Step 3: Open the “Caches” folder> Drag the “cache.db” file to the recycle bin to completely remove the cache from your Mac.
Note: If you are a new Mac user, it would be a bit tricky to manually delete the cache on your Mac. In addition, if you delete other files by mistake, this will cause problems. Instead of looking for a single file in a large folder, you can choose another method: flush the cache using professional Mac – MacClean cleaning software .
Method 2: How to Clear the MacBook Cache with MacClean
MacClean is an expert at cleaning up unnecessary files for Mac users. It allows you to easily clean all cache on your Mac: system cache, user cache or Internet cache generated by browsers like Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera.
We take here the browser cache as an example. MacClean can clean all internet caches: cookies, browsing history , sessions, saved passwords and download history. As a result, all your browsing on the Internet remains confidential and your personal data online are well protected. In addition, with the small practical tools, cleaning your Mac is easier.
Now continue reading to learn more about how to clear the navigation cache with MacClean.
Step 1: Download and install MacClean on your MacBook / iMac / Mac mini> Launch MacClean> Select the option Unnecessary Internet Files> Click Scan to start the scan.
Step 2 : Click Review Details to preview the items to delete.
Step 3 : Select the items you want to delete> Return to the scan result page by clicking Back.
Step 4 : Click Clean to start the deletion after returning to the scan result interface.
MacClean is the perfect tool to erase cache on Mac and other unnecessary files. As for those who generate user manipulation , system and applications, MacClean also supports them.