How to Change Your Facebook Name
Change Your Facebook Name. Whether you change your last name due to a marriage, or just want to be more anonymous on Facebook on the road – so you quickly change your Facebook name.
How to Change Your Facebook Name
Changing the Facebook name may be necessary, for example, if you have previously logged in with a fake name or you want to camouflage your real name after buying WhatsAp p and other security concerns, so you will not be found by anyone on the net.
What consequences the use of his real name as well as the excessive display of his private data in the social network can have impressively shows the app Take This Lollipop .
How toChange Your Facebook Name in just 5 steps:
- First log in to your Facebook profile.
- Click the small arrow in the top right corner and then Settings.
- You should now be in the General Account Settings. If not, click on “General” in the left section
- Click on “Edit” at “Name” and enter your new name.
- Click “Verify change” and then “Save changes”. It can take a few hours until your new name appears on Facebook.
You should note that
Note that after the change, you will not be able to edit your name for 60 days. In general, you should avoid changing too frequently, otherwise Facebook may require a copy of your ID card to identify your real name.
If you are later dissatisfied with your new name, you can only specify an “alternative name” in the settings before the 60-day deadline expires. This will then appear in parentheses after your current name.
Even when choosing the name itself, there are certain rules. So it may contain no symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization or punctuation marks. Also prohibited are titles of any kind, offensive or offensive words, as well as words or phrases in place of a name.
Generally Facebook requires the indication of the real name. If your new name is classified by Facebook as a fake name, your account may temporarily be suspended and you may be asked to submit a copy of your ID to Facebook.
Change Facebook name: This is how it is done – even after limit
To change the Facebook name, first open your profile in the registered state. Now click in the upper right corner on the arrow down and select there the “Settings”. Now you should be in the section “General account settings”. If not, click on “General” in the left menu.
Now you have your general personal data in the window, including the email address for Facebook , the username and of course your registered name. Click on “Edit” to the right of your current Facebook name. Now you can change the name for Facebook.
- Log in to the Facebook profile.
- Click the arrow symbol in the top right corner.
- Open account settings.
- Call up “General account settings”.
- Open the “General” section.
- In the line with the name click on “Edit”.
- Enter a new name.
- Once the new name has been taken over, you can change the Facebook name again after 60 days .
- During this time, you can set an earlier name, birth name, or nickname under Other Names.
If you’ve changed the name too many times, the change is not easy anymore. In this case, you need to contact Facebook support directly . For a new name change after reaching the limit a copy of the identity card is required.
Change Facebook name: Maximum number
In the new window, you can now change the Facebook name, enter a second name and set the visible name, so specify whether the first or last name is prefixed. You can also enter an “alternative nickname” here. About this nickname you can then also be found by friends and acquaintances on Facebook.
- Of course, since Facebook wants to see your real name in the database, you can only change the Facebook name four times .
- Therefore you should not play too much with the naming.
- In addition, you should note that you write your Facebook name in normal form, so no 1337 font, no symbols and numbers or unusual uppercase and lowercase use, no religious or professional titles and no additional words or words in the name.
- In some cases, it may be that your name change on Facebook will be displayed later.
Conclusion: In order to properly use Facebook, the indication of the real name is required. If the operators notice that you are traveling with a fake name, a copy of your ID may be requested as proof of the real name. Your profile will be blocked until the ID is presented. Sensitive data can be blacked out on the badge scan. In addition to the identity card, other legitimacy documents can also be sent to Facebook.
Create new profile name for Facebook
First, log in to Facebook and proceed as follows:
- Click on the cogwheel in the top right corner and select the “Settings”.
- You will now be taken to the “General Account Settings”. There you will see your name and right next to it the option “Edit”.
- Now enter the desired name and confirm it with the “Save changes” button.
frequently asked Questions
Facebook does not accept my name
To ensure that users provide their real name, the name must not contain any symbols, numbers, or punctuation marks. Also, make sure you do not use offensive words.
I can not change my name
To enforce users to sign in with their real name, Facebook only allows users to change their name every 60 days. If you would like to change your name anyway, you can request a name change . Here you must also upload a copy of an official photo ID.
I want to get back my old name
If you have changed your name and are subsequently dissatisfied, you can set your desired name in the settings under “Alternative Name” within the 2 months in which the name can not be changed, which will then appear in parentheses after the unwanted Name appears.