How to Change Name on Facebook
Change Name on Facebook may be necessary, for example, if you have previously logged in with a fake name or you want to camouflage your real name after buying WhatsAp p and other security concerns, so you will not be found by anyone on the net. What consequences the use of his real name as well as the excessive display of his private data in the social network can have impressively shows the app Take This Lollipop .
How to Change Name on Facebook
To change the Facebook name, first open your profile in the registered state. Now click in the upper right corner on the arrow down and select there the “Settings”. Now you should be in the section “General account settings”. If not, click on “General” in the left menu.
Now you have your general personal data in the window, including the email address for Facebook , the username and of course your registered name. Click on “Edit” to the right of your current Facebook name. Now you can change the name for Facebook.
- Log in to the Facebook profile.
- Click the arrow symbol in the top right corner.
- Open account settings.
- Call up “General account settings”.
- Open the “General” section.
- In the line with the name click on “Edit”.
- Enter a new name.
- Once the new name has been taken over, you can change the Facebook name again after 60 days .
- During this time, you can set an earlier name, birth name, or nickname under Other Names.
If you’ve changed the name too many times, the change is not easy anymore. In this case, you need to contact Facebook support directly . For a new name change after reaching the limit a copy of the identity card is required.
Change name on Facebook : Maximum number
In the new window, you can now change the Facebook name, enter a second name and set the visible name, so specify whether the first or last name is prefixed. You can also enter an “alternative nickname” here. About this nickname you can then also be found by friends and acquaintances on Facebook.
- Of course, since Facebook wants to see your real name in the database, you can only change the Facebook name four times .
- Therefore you should not play too much with the naming.
- In addition, you should note that you write your Facebook name in normal form, so no 1337 font, no symbols and numbers or unusual uppercase and lowercase use, no religious or professional titles and no additional words or words in the name.
- In some cases, it may be that your name change on Facebook will be displayed later.
Conclusion: In order to properly use Facebook, the indication of the real name is required. If the operators notice that you are traveling with a fake name, a copy of your ID may be requested as proof of the real name. Your profile will be blocked until the ID is presented. Sensitive data can be blacked out on the badge scan. In addition to the identity card, other legitimacy documents can also be sent to Facebook.
Change name on Facebook Method 2
If you want to use the social network Facebook for yourself, you must first enter your own name. This serves both internally and externally within the network and is therefore an essential part of each profile.
Who wants to make a marriage in the social network for the sake of a marriage with a concomitant name change or the general change of name, but do not know how exactly the same thing is going on, which is just right. In the following we explain to you, which steps are necessary to be able to change your own name on Facebook.
– The first step is to commit to a new name. This can be different. What the leaders of the social network always point out, however, is the fact that when choosing their name, it is important to keep in mind the universal naming standards. These specify that the chosen name must be the actual or a nickname.
– If you have decided on a name that will be displayed on your profile from now on and used for recognition within Facebook, then all you need to do is call up the Facebook homepage. In the upper right corner there is the downward arrow, which then has to be selected. In the register that opens, the field “Settings” should be clicked.
– Immediately you will be forwarded to the configuration page of the network, in which all settings can be made around the profile and also the security settings. After a little search, you will also find the category “Name” here. In this particular section, you can also click on the button labeled “Edit” in the right part of the picture .
– Here now appears a field for the first and last name, in which one can enter his new name or name to change. Once this is done, just click on “Save changes” and the new name will be used within Facebook and on your own profile. Your friends can now find you on Facebook under this name.
So if you want to use, for example, his nickname instead of the real name, or vice versa, this option can easily make a name change on Facebook. It can happen every now and then that the name can not be changed, which should then be addressed directly to the Facebook support. In any case, the name can be changed on Facebook and with just a few clicks and inputs.
It is important to note, however, that such changes can only be made every 60 days according to the Facebook guidelines. The responsible persons want to prevent by this measure that someone changes his name too often or uses even fake names.
Change name on Facebook Quick Way
Here we show you how to change your Facebook name.
First, log in to Facebook and proceed as follows:
- Click on the cogwheel in the top right corner and select the “Settings”.
- You will now be taken to the “General Account Settings”. There you will see your name and right next to it the option “Edit”.
- Now enter the desired name and confirm it with the “Save changes” button.
Change name on Facebook Manual
Did you get married or did your name change in any other way? Or do you just need a change? For whatever reason, the name change on Facebook is very simple.
Step 1 : To change your Facebook name, you must be logged in to Facebook . If you have not already, log in by entering your e-mail address and password in the top right-hand corner of the home page.
Step 2 : Next, click the dark triangle on the right side of the blue line, and then click Settings to go to the General Account Settings. Expand the section “Name” below by clicking on the corresponding field “Edit”.
Step 3 : Fill out the published form. Do not forget to enter your password. Under “Alternative name” you can enter a spitz or maiden name to be found under this name.
Step 4 : Check your entries before confirming your entry by clicking on “Save changes”. Subsequently, the name can only be changed again after 60 days. It’s so easy to change the Facebook name.
Change name on Facebook app
If you log in to a social network, you usually give your name and / or choose a profile name when you create the profile. One should choose the name carefully, because to change it afterwards is with most platforms rather difficult.
Facebook has strict rules for Accout names. To avoid fake accounts, renaming is only possible here every 60 days. If you still want to change your name Facebook name, you can do so via the following settings:
- Open Facebook app
- Touch the menu button
- Select settings
- Account Settings choose
- The point General tap
Under Name, enter the first and last name. In addition, second names, nicknames or birth names can also be specified in the profile. If the name is saved, just tap Check Change .
Facebook will now control the desired name change and send a notification should the desired name be inadmissible. If the result is positive, the new name will be displayed in Facebook from now on.
frequently asked Questions
Facebook does not accept my name
To ensure that users provide their real name, the name must not contain any symbols, numbers, or punctuation marks. Also, make sure you do not use offensive words.
I can not change my name
To enforce users to sign in with their real name, Facebook only allows users to change their name every 60 days. If you would like to change your name anyway, you can request a name change . Here you must also upload a copy of an official photo ID.
I want to get back my old name
If you have changed your name and are subsequently dissatisfied, you can set your desired name in the settings under “Alternative Name” within the 2 months in which the name can not be changed, which will then appear in parentheses after the unwanted Name appears.