How to Access Airdrop on Mac
How to Access Airdrop on Mac. Using AirDrop to send content from your Mac
With AirDrop, you can send photos, videos, websites, location information and more to an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac wirelessly.
What you need to Access Airdrop on Mac
1-Make sure AirDrop is available on both devices:
2-On Mac computers, choose Go from the menu bar in the Finder. If you have AirDrop on the Go menu, you can use this Mac AirDrop.
3-On the iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch), open the Control Center by sliding it up from the bottom of the screen. If AirDrop is in the Control Center, then this iOS device can use AirDrop.
How to Access Airdrop on Mac
On Mac computers:
1- In the Finder menu bar, choose Go> AirDrop. An AirDrop window opens. If Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is turned off, you’ll see a button that will allow you to turn it on. AirDrop automatically opens when Bluetooth and 2-
2- Wi-Fi are on.
3- You can use the “You can find me” option at the bottom of the AirDrop window to retrieve all the files instead of just people in your Contacts application.
4- On iOS devices:
5- Open the Control Center.
6- Touch AirDrop, and then choose to receive what everyone or everyone in your Contacts application has sent.
Submit an item on Airdrop on Mac
1- In the Finder menu bar, choose Go> AirDrop. Alternatively, select AirDrop from the sidebar of the Finder window.
2-The AirDrop window shows AirDrop users nearby. Drag one or more items to the picture of the recipient and click Send.
3-You can also use the Share feature instead:
4-Click on the Share share button button in your application. Alternatively, hold down the Control key, click the item in the Finder, and then select Share from the shortcut menu.
5-There are several sharing options on the Share menu. Select AirDrop.
Select a recipient from the AirDrop page, then click Done.
1- If the recipient logs in to your iCloud account, the item you send is automatically accepted and saved by the recipient. Otherwise, the item is asked before accepting the item before recording.
2-On a Mac, the item is saved in the Downloads folder.
3- On an iOS device, the item appears in the corresponding app. For example, an item appears in the Photos app and the website appears in Safari.
Tips for posting items
- If you do not see the recipient in the AirDrop window or on the page:
- Make sure both devices have AirDrop turned on and the devices are at least 9 meters away from each other.
If you are sending to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
- Your Mac must be 2012 or newer and must be using OS X Yosemite or a later version.
- The iOS device must have iOS 7 or later installed and the Personal Access Point must be turned on at Settings> Cellular.
If you are sending to Mac:
- If the Mac that received the item is using OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, or Lion, the AirDrop window should be open: in the Finder menu bar, choose Go> AirDrop.
- If the Mac that received the item is a 2012 or older model, you can not see the person you are looking for in the AirDrop window or on the sharing page of the Mac that sent the item. option. Then click on “Call Older Macs”.
- Check that the “Block all incoming connections” setting is turned on in the Security and Privacy preferences on the Mac. If this setting is turned on, you will not be able to receive items using Mac AirDrop.
- If AirDrop is set to receive items only from Contacts app on the device receiving the item, make sure that both devices are logged in to iCloud. Make sure that the email address or phone number associated with your Apple ID is in the Contacts application of the receiving device.
Access Airdrop on Mac system requirements
You need a 2012 model (except the Mac Pro (2012 Midrange)) or a newer Mac that uses OS X Yosemite or a later version to send or receive items from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
To send an item to another Mac, you need the following model:
- MacBook Pro (2008 End) or later models; Excluding MacBook Pro (17 “, 2008 End)
- MacBook Air (2010 End) or later models
- MacBook (2008 End) or later models; except for white MacBook (2008 End)
- iMac (2009 Head) or later models
- Mac Mini (2010 Midrange) or later models
- Mac Pro (2009 Head, AirPort Extreme card or 2010 Mid-Range)
- Learn how to model your MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac mini, or Mac Pro computer.
What is Airdrop and how to Access Airdrop on Mac
AirDrop is a feature that lets you share photos, videos, web pages, location, and more with other Apple devices around you wirelessly.
On Which Devices Is AirDrop Used?
To use AirDrop feature, the devices that will share content must have iOS 7 or higher.
- iPhone 5 or later,
- iPad (4th generation or later)
- iPad mini
- iPod touch (5th generation)
Opening the AirDrop Feature
1- To use the AirDrop feature, first turn on your device’s bluetooth and wi-fi feature. Log in to your iCloud account to share content with your contacts.
2- Use the Control Center to find out who can share content with AirDrop on and off.
3- To view the Control Center, slide your screen from the bottom up.
4- Touch AirDrop.
5- Touch one of the following options; Off (AirDrop off), Contacts only (Only you can see your device), Everyone (All devices on your device that use AirDrop)
Sharing Content with AirDrop
1- Touch the content you want to share.
2-Touch Share or.
3-Touch the Airdrop user or Apple device you want to share content with.
4-When content sharing starts, the receiving device receives a warning, and the content is shared by tapping the accept button.
Note: If you are just sharing contacts and you can not find a user near you, check with both of you to log in to your iCloud account. If you still can not find the user near you, try setting AirDrop as everyone.